TOXIC paints a picture of wickedly fragile humanity in the era of social media. In a rapidly changing world filled with uncertainty, both physical and psychological perfection is required. Power is tied to identity, bodies have become merchandise and the responsibility has been thrust upon the individual. Has our reality become a nightmare that is performed as a daydream?
Susanna Leinonen is one of Finland’s most internationally renowned choreographers. Leinonen’s works are known for their stunning visuality, as they combine demanding physical contemporary dance with classical ballet technique. The artistically uncompromising productions have thrilled critics and audiences both in Finland and abroad. Over the years, Susanna Leinonen Company has performed in nearly 30 different countries.
Choreography: Susanna Leinonen
Dancers: Emmi Hakala, Camilla Keihäs, Aaron Saira, Tatiana Urteva and Susanna Leinonen
Visualisation: Sari Nuttunen and Susanna Leinonen
Costume design: Sari Nuttunen
Video: Ville Seppänen
Duration 60 min
- Please do not attend an event if you are ill or suspect that you might be ill. Use the hand sanitiser available in the facilities while inside the building.
- Cough correctly – into your sleeve or a disposable tissue, which you should immediately throw away.
- Maintain a safe distance from other customers and staff when queuing for the cloakroom, cafeteria, ticket desk or hall.
- Events are until further notice arranged with a smaller capacity.
- As of Monday, 19 October 2020, we require that all over 15-year-olds wear a face mask on our premises and when attending our events.