Updated 9.10.2020 at 16:40
The distribution of free face masks started in Espoo on Monday, 17 August. There has been a great demand for face masks and therefore we kindly ask you to remember the following points:
- Free masks are meant for Espoo residents who have a low income and who are unable to buy masks. Other Espoo residents should buy their own masks.
- Based on the recommendation of the Finnish Institute for Health and Welfare (THL), masks are intended for the following situations:
- when you use public transport
- when you are on your way to a coronavirus test
- when you return to Finland from a high-risk country
- when you cannot avoid close contacts.
- The masks are intended for people who are 15 or older.
- The masks are only intended for personal use.
- The number of masks handed out to each person should be enough for two weeks.
We give each person 20 disposable masks and four fabric masks at a time. Due to the high demand, we may temporarily run out of masks at our distribution locations.
Distribution locations for free face masks are located all around Espoo
- EJY activity centre (Kansalaistoiminnankeskus), Kauppamiehentie 6, Mon–Fre 10:00–15:00
We will monitor the distribution of masks and may change our approach if necessary.
Use a face mask carefully
It is important that you wear a face mask correctly. Check out the instructions on the THL website:
Distribution locationsCoronavirus and services in Espoo: www.espoo.fi/coronavirus
On 13 August 2020, the Government issued a resolution that municipalities must provide masks free of charge for people in the most vulnerable groups.