Update on Mon 7 Sept: Right now we are now calling back those of you who contacted us today. Testing appointments for the coronavirus are available on the same or next day. You may take online medical COVID-19 symptom check-up on Omaolo.fi to see if you need to seek treatment. Thank you for your patience!
The appointment booking number and the coronavirus helpline of the City of Espoo’s health centres are currently very busy. We receive some 2,100 calls every day. Roughly 600 of them are about the coronavirus, 1,500 about other things. The number of calls is approximately 80% higher than at the same time last year.
We apologise for the situation and kindly ask for your patience in these exceptional circumstances. We are doing everything we can to improve our telephone service.
If you have questions about the coronavirus, do this:
- If you have symptoms of coronavirus, take online medical COVID-19 symptom check-up on Omaolo.fi to see if you need to seek treatment.
- If you want, you can call the coronavirus helpline, tel. 09 816 34600 (Mon–Fri 7:00–18:00 and Sat-Sun 9-15). Text message service for the deaf and hard of hearing, tel. 040 639 3945. If you call us about the coronavirus, we will call you back on the same day.
- In the evenings, call the Medical Helpline, tel. 116 117. The Medical Helpline will refer you to a coronavirus test at the Jorvi or Meilahti testing sites.
- We aim to automate our some of our operations to be able to take calls faster. We will open online channels for people who are going to get tested for the coronavirus as soon as we can.
- In recent weeks, the number of people wanting to get tested for the coronavirus has increased. However at the moment you get a test time for the same or next day. In Espoo, testing is organized by HUSLAB. There are testing siten in Jorvi, Matinkylä, Leppävaara and Otaniemi.
If you wish to cancel your coronavirus test appointment, send an email to email@example.com. Include your name, the date and time of your appointment and your telephone number in the message. Do not send them your personal identity code by email.
Take precautions while waiting for your testing appointment and the results: stay at home just in case and avoid meeting anyone, just like you would if you had a confirmed case of the coronavirus. Even if your test result is negative, you should still stay at home and only shop for groceries after you have been symptom-free for a day.
If you have other questions, do this:
If possible, please contact us at this time in urgent matters only. If your matter is not urgent, we kindly ask you to call us later after we have cleared the backlog of calls. Did you know that you can request a renewal of your prescriptions through the OmaKanta service at www.omakanta.fi? You can also ask your pharmacy to request a renewal of your prescription.
At the moment, the waiting time for call-backs concerning matters other than the coronavirus ranges from a few hours to a couple of days. We are also calling our customers back on Saturdays.
Please remember that you only need to call our appointment booking number once. Our system will save your number and we will call you back as soon as possible. Please only call us once, as more calls will increase the load on our telephone lines.
- The appointment booking number of Espoo’s health centres in matters other than the coronavirus, tel. 09 816 34500, Mon–Fri 7:00–18:00. Text message service for the deaf and hard of hearing, tel. 040 639 3945.
- Oma Lääkärisi Matinkylä, tel. 09 816 4100, Mon–Fri 7:00–18:00. Text message service for the deaf and hard of hearing, tel. 050 521 0553.
- The Medical Helpline will help you in the evening and at weekends when health centres are closed. Tel. 116 117.
Further information about the coronavirus situation in Espoo: espoo.fi/coronavirus